Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Yesterday marked the beginning of a whole new year to be thankful for. And this Thanksgiving I counted my blessings more than ever before. I can hardly begin...


All the beautiful things He has done and is doing in my life, and the things that He has graciously preserved.  The countless things we take for granted every day.  A loving family.  God's Word.  Miracles.  Friends. Trials. Yes, that's right. Trials.




Yes, I am thankful for trials,  I rejoice, because through them I have gained an experience deeper and  richer than I ever would have obtained. Through this past year, God has shown me, like never before, what it truly means to have a trusting, abiding relationship with Him.  As I look back over a very eventful, life-changing year, this one thing has been ingrained into my consciousness...that God is faithful.


Faithful to His promises.  Faithful to hold my hand and lead the way through the darkest and most perplexing times of my life, and bring me safely through.


I have discovered the power of prayer and the peace and security of leaning my full weight on those everlasting arms.  What a gift that, by God's grace,  I will always treasure.  What a gift that will never allow me to forget the Giver.







No comments:

Post a Comment