Monday, November 14, 2011

The Least I Can Do

Consider this a sequel to my last post.


What is this about giving honor and glory to God?  Some may think God is selfish for wanting all the attention for Himself.  Someone once said to me in an email after I expressed my amazement at what God had done for me, "God likes you, mainly because of how hard you work for Him. He should pay you more."  Oh did my heart begin to burn.  I responded, "No, He's done more for me than I could ever pay Him back for.  He has already promised me the world and I believe He'll keep his promise." 


To me, servitude is gratitude. The Lord works miracles in my life every day.  He has proven to me time and time again that I do not need to worry any more than the lilies do.  He has given me more than I could have thought to ask for.  How can I do otherwise than to express my thankfulness in willing service? 


Friends, when I see Jesus in Gethsemane with those sweat drops of blood upon His brow... 
When I picture Him on the cross as He says "forgive them for they know not what they do"... 
When I envision Him in the most holy place, making atonement for all the times I have hurt Him... my heart is overwhelmed with gratitude. This is no narcissistic despot. What else can I do but give Him the honor and praise He deserves. It's the least I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment